Wednesday, October 13, 2010



We did it!  We managed to weave together an assortment of disconnected people, vendors, ideas and preparations into one glorious day full of laughter, love, emotion and the satisfying sensation of completing a (sometimes grueling/foot blistering/exhausting) marathon in first place.

Every single thing was lovely, the food was delicious, the cake was amazing, and the toasts that were given were heart-felt and sincere, inspiring much laughter and many tears.  Even the ornery, cranky and potentially troublesome relatives with axes to grind behaved themselves which is a good thing because there was an arsenal of helpful friends and family ready to hustle anyone who stepped out of line into the lobby for a little reality check.

 When I was eight years old, and very ill with a high fever, I dreamed that an Angel came to my bedside and told me that I needed to stay on Earth because I had so many wonderful things to look forward to in this life.  It was only later that I realized that this Angel in my dream was the spirit of my beautiful daughter, Christina, asking me to be her mother.

What was not revealed in this dream was the love and laughter that we would share, the bridges that we would help each other cross, the tears, the lessons and all of the many ways she would help me to heal the old wounds in my heart.

I am so pleased that in her 24th year, Christina married the man of her dreams.  I could see on her face as she walked down the aisle and met Charlie’s eyes the trust, the loyalty, the balance and the pure love that both of them share.

This day was truly one of the most profound blessings in my life and I am grateful for each and every moment of it.


2 comments:

  1. I was crying before the end of the first paragraph of your message to Christina. Congratulations on the wedding of your beautiful daughter/angel and on navigating the MOB experience with humor and spunk! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with your trademark creativity, sparkling wit and your "balls to the wall" authenticity. I LOVE it and YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your sweet heart, Deb! Thank you for following along with this process....and just think....you get to do it TWICE!! ;-0

    With Love and Gratitude,
    Susette

    ReplyDelete